Thursday 11 September 2014

Politics

For each of the following political parties
National
Labour
Your choice of party

Find:

1 policy you think is a good policy. Copy and paste the policy. Say why you think it is a good policy.

1 policy you think is a bad policy. Copy and paste the policy. Say why you think it is a bad policy.

1 policy which will affect you directly. Copy and paste the policy. Say how this policy will affect you.

Find 3 political words or phrases which you don’t know the meaning of. Copy down the sentence and underline the word.
e.g.

Use any further fiscal headroom to get debt to 20 per cent of GDP debt earlier than 2020.
Finance
Ratification
Manifesto

Clarify the meaning of the word or phrase in this sentence and the meaning of the whole sentence.
Finance: Managing large amounts of money
Ratification: To give formal consent
Manifesto: To declare policies or aims

National:

National will strengthen New Zealand’s Defence Force to ensure our personnel have the state-of-the-art tools they need to get the job done.

I think this is a good policy because protecting our country in my opinion is very important.


We are committed to providing recognition to those who gave service to New Zealand and supporting those who suffered ill-health effects as a result of their service.
I do think this is a good idea but many charities etc are already doing this.
We are committed to every New Zealand child getting the best possible education so they can be successful here at home and around the world.
This will directly affect me because i'm currently in a school and this will help me and my fellow student learn.

Labor:
Labour has a strong record on animal welfare.
I think this is good because animals deserve to be treated right 
Labour is proud to be Kiwi made.
This is a NZ party so it's sorta pointless spending money to make labor more 'NZ'
Reduce the average size of secondary school classes from 26+ down to 23,
This will affect me directly because I will have a smaller class

Internet party

Cheaper, Universal Internet

This will be great for me because I love internets

Dolphins

This is a good idea but lots of organisations are already doing this so it's kinda a waste of money

Modern Schools

This will affect me because i'm currently in school.



No comments:

Post a Comment